Do not leave home if you or someone you live with has any of the following:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
Check the NHS website if you have symptoms
We have made some changes within the surgery this includes;
- All appointment are being triaged, this means our receptionist’s will ask for some information regarding your problem this is to ensure you are booked in with the most appropriate clinician, our receptionist are bound by confidentially like all our staff.
- We have a one way system in place entry is via the car park side of the building via an intercom. Patients will only be let in the building if they have been invited down for an appointment. Exit is through the door on the opposite site facing the bus station.
- We ask that you wear a facing covering when you enter the surgery. This can be something as simple as a scarf.
- We have floor signs in front of the reception desk asking to patients to stand behind the line.
- All prescriptions will be sent to the chemist of your choice electronically, we have been contacting patients who are not yet set up for this.
- We are following very strict infection control policy’s to ensure our surgery is as clean as possible.
- All clinicians will be wearing full PPE when seeing you; this is to protect you and them.
We hope you understand the changes that have been made within the surgery. We thank you for your continued support and understanding throughout this difficult time.
If you need any other information, advice or help please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Covid-19 – The compulsory wearing of face covering on Public Transport
The introduction of the requirement for people to wear face covering on Public Transport is intended to help prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
There are certain groups of people who are exempt from this requirement and they include:
- children under the age of 11,
- people with disabilities
- those with breathing difficulties or
- Those who are travelling with someone who relies on lip reading.
These groups of people, their parents or guardians are able to indicate the reason, if required, as to why they are not wearing a face covering. We as a Practice are not obliged to complete letters for this however we have found this useful information card.
Track & Trace – How it works
How to get help with Food & Essential supplies
Sunderland Council Coronavirus update
We unfortunately don’t supply COVID – 19 sick notes in relation to isolating please download the letter created by the practice in relation to this.